Due to the increasing spread of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, Maker Media GmbH has decided with a heavy heart to cancel the Maker Faire Berlin. The event should have taken place on 18 & 19 April 2020 in the Arena Berlin.
Why do we cancel?
According to the RKI (Robert Koch Institute), the Maker Faire Berlin is considered a high-risk event regarding the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 due to
- its size with about 15,000 visitors
- its internationality with registered exhibitors from 25 nations (also from risk areas)
- its intergenerational event concept with many participatory activities
The RKI recommends extensive health safety measures for exhibitions of this kind in order to reduce the risk of virus transmission. Such measures can only be implemented at great expense.
In addition, the Federal Minister of Health has recently recommended to cancel events with more than 1,000 participants.
Important to know:
- Tickets already purchased for the Maker Faire Berlin will be fully refunded, including fees. This works automatically, without any inquiry.
- All exhibitors will be informed personally.
Where do we go from here?
- On September 12th und 13th, 2020 Germany’s largest Maker Faire will take place in Hanover. We are now preparing this event with the same passion and even more commitment. Providing an inside as well as an outside area you will meet thousands of makers and numerous exciting projects as well as many breathtaking highlights at Maker Faire Hanover
- You would like to present your realised ideas and are interested in passing on your knowledge? We still have enough space for all makers – please register here.
- You would like to support the Maker Faire financially? Become a sponsor and present your company or your vision. You can find more information here.
- You want to participate as a visitor? Currently there is a 30% discount on the tickets. They can be purchased online.
We would like to thank everyone who wanted to participate in the Maker Faire Berlin. Let’s keep up the maker spirit in Hannover!
Your Maker Faire Crew
Status as of 09.03.2020