We unfortunately had to cancel the Maker Faire Hannover and the Maker Faire Berlin due to the Corona crisis. We are very sad about this, but we don’t want to be kept from it and are still planning new concepts – for the first time digitally.
The US Maker Faire team has created something very special: The first worldwide “Virtually Maker Faire”.
Makers from all over the world can network with each other, exchange experiences and present projects and ideas at a 24-hour live event on Saturday, 23 May – all virtually via their home computer or smartphone.
The focus will be on all ideas and projects around the Covid-19, but all other of your ideas are also welcome. You always wanted to know what Maker are doing in Mexico? Or how a Makerspace in Shanghai is organized? Here you can find out and ask for yourself. Experience international maker-flair first hand and discuss with others how makers, especially in view of the current Corona crisis, can continue to have a positive influence on events and the future.
Use this unique opportunity and represent Germany’s Maker culture worldwide!
You have many opportunities to participate:
- Register your project and present it virtually (no live-presence necessary), the project will then be shown here: https://makeprojects.com/home
- Announce a lecture – you can hold it live or record it in advance
- Register a panel – e.g. for networking with makers in your region or as a FabLab to exchange with FabLabs from other countries
- Register for a workshop (you can also record it in advance or demonstrate it live) and teach your knowledge to others.
- Demonstrations – A livestreamed or pre-recorded demonstration of a project, process, or innovation.
Show the world what you’ve got. Everything is completely free of charge for makers and participants. Networking is in the foreground. We would be very happy to see many of you again virtually. By the way, the language does not matter. You can present your project in the language you prefer.
You can register directly on the homepage of the US organization team: https://makerfaire.com/virtually-maker-faire-call-2020-for-makers/ . Here you can find more information: https://makezine.com/2020/05/05/plan-c-atlanta-a-beats-c/