The Maker Media GmbH wishes everyone a happy Easter. Times are special at the moment and nothing is the same as usual – even large family celebrations unfortunately fall flat at the moment due to the corona crisis.
But don’t let it get you down and still have a good time – as good as it gets.
Everything can – nothing must! The important thing is that you are well.
And for those whose thirst for action can never be great enough: register as a Maker for the Maker Faire Hannover by 5 July. On September 12th and 13th we will give you the opportunity to present your projects you are currently building to others for free – so don’t hesitate for long and register quickly. To the Call for Makers
To increase the anticipation you can also get tickets at 30% discount. You will receive the tickets by e-mail and can send them quickly and easily as a little Easter greeting to your loved ones.
Due to the increasing spread of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, Maker Media GmbH has decided with a heavy heart to cancel the Maker Faire Berlin. The event should have taken place on 18 & 19 April 2020 in the Arena Berlin.
Why do we cancel?
According to the RKI (Robert Koch Institute), the Maker Faire Berlin is considered a high-risk event regarding the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 due to
- its size with about 15,000 visitors
- its internationality with registered exhibitors from 25 nations (also from risk areas)
- its intergenerational event concept with many participatory activities
The RKI recommends extensive health safety measures for exhibitions of this kind in order to reduce the risk of virus transmission. Such measures can only be implemented at great expense.
In addition, the Federal Minister of Health has recently recommended to cancel events with more than 1,000 participants.
Important to know:
- Tickets already purchased for the Maker Faire Berlin will be fully refunded, including fees. This works automatically, without any inquiry.
- All exhibitors will be informed personally.
Where do we go from here?
- On September 12th und 13th, 2020 Germany’s largest Maker Faire will take place in Hanover. We are now preparing this event with the same passion and even more commitment. Providing an inside as well as an outside area you will meet thousands of makers and numerous exciting projects as well as many breathtaking highlights at Maker Faire Hanover
- You would like to present your realised ideas and are interested in passing on your knowledge? We still have enough space for all makers – please register here.
- You would like to support the Maker Faire financially? Become a sponsor and present your company or your vision. You can find more information here.
- You want to participate as a visitor? Currently there is a 30% discount on the tickets. They can be purchased online.
We would like to thank everyone who wanted to participate in the Maker Faire Berlin. Let’s keep up the maker spirit in Hannover!
Your Maker Faire Crew
Status as of 09.03.2020
Whether as secret santa, as an on-top gift for your loved ones or simply as a good treat for yourself – the ticket shops for Maker Faire Berlin and Hannover are open.
At Christmas time we have a special gift for all Maker Faire fans: the first tickets can be bought for only 5,- € instead of 15,- € per event. But attention, the number is limited to only 250 tickets. So get it fast, before the tickets are out of stock.
The next Maker Faire Berlin is already knocking on the door! On the 18th and 19th of April 2020 you can exchange your tickets with other Makers again. We are going to a new location, the Arena Berlin. Located directly on the banks of the Spree, in the trendy and cultural district around Schlesische Strasse, its industrial charm provides the ideal backdrop for the exhibitors’ innovative projects.
On 12 and 13 September in Hannover, the creators with the extraordinary ideas will meet for the eighth time in a row in the Hannover Congress Centrum and Stadtpark.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a creative New Year!